THE IMPORTANCE OF CALCIUM AND NITROGEN
Calcium is required for the cellulose precursors in cell wall formation. It also stabilises cell membranes and protects them, an important attribute under stress conditions. In fruit crops it is required in high quantities as it is important for fruit quality and shelf life. When plants are threatened by infection, calcium combines with a protein to stimulate salicylic acid (SA) production. Calcium deficiency leads to poor fruit set, blossom-end-rot, bitter pit, cell collapse and tissue death.
THE IMPORTANCE OF NITROGEN
CAL 40 helps improve the soil PH from acidic range to neutral upon consistent use. If blended with ACTIVIST® MAG-FLO the micro-fine particles of CAL 40 and ACTIVIST® MAG-FLO neutralise the aluminum and iron phosphates in acid soils.
BENEFITS OF CAL 40
• Highly micronised, controlled released, low salt index calcium. Suitable for all crops.
• With a high analysis it contains more than twice the calcium found in Cal Nitrate.
• Controlled particle morphology to delivering sustained uptake over 4 – 6 weeks.
• Provides sunburn mitigation via the formation of a particulate barrier.
• Enhances soil health and rejuvenation by improving pH.
• Improves the soil structure by displacing sodium and chloride thereby improving the soil water infiltration and aeration.
For more info please contact us today.